After finding the best cricket betting site, one of the next important steps is to figure out how to actually deposit to your betting site account. The process of depositing and betting online can be a little tricky with some of the deposit options out there.
We enjoy betting cricket online and have done a ton of research on all the different deposit methods out there. Yes, we’ve tried many banking options, been to many forums shifting through comments, and heard from our visitors in order to bring an informative guide to online betting banking options.
Choosing the right banking option could be the difference between having a great betting experience and a super frustrating one. We’ll get into why using a credit or debit card to deposit funds might not be the best option when betting online, as well as why some, less than mainstream, options could be the future of online betting deposits and withdrawals.
Some items to consider choosing a banking method with online betting site:
- Security of your personal information
- Accessibility on desktop, mobile, and offline
- Fees to deposit and/or withdraw
- Acceptability across all your betting sites
- Ease of use
- Trust in the banking method
Should I always use a credit card?
What is the most common way people pay for things online? Credit card or debit card.
While this might be the acceptable option to pay online for most items, we feel credit cards and/or debit cards are not the best methods for betting online.
First, in some areas online betting is discouraged; this means banks may try and block certain transactions running through credit and debit cards when trying to deposit or withdrawing from online betting sites. Not to worry though, there are many alternative banking options.
Second, in most transactions online it is best practice to keep a third-party between your card information and the website you are depositing too. This creates an additional step in the process (which is easy, fast, and worth the minimal extra effort).
Online Betting Banking Options
There are several banking options out there for betting online, we’ve researched and experienced them all to provide you with a guide to banking options for online betting. The options below will allow you to both deposit and withdraw to bet online and most are accepted by all of our recommended betting sites.
E-Wallet Deposit and Withdraw
- Founded in 1999, Neteller is one of the world’s largest e-wallets around with over 23 million customers. They process billions of dollars of transactions a year and offer simple, fast, and secure way to bet cricket online.
- Neteller is one of the most universally accepted deposit and withdrawal methods in online betting. It is a great benefit to have one e-wallet that can be used in all your favorite betting sites.
- Neteller accepts 28 currencies including Indian Rupee, US Dollar, and Euro.
- Skrill is a great alternative to Neteller, in fact, they are actually owned by the same company, just operating as two different brands. (Formerly Moneybookers)
Paypal Deposit and Withdraw
- Most people have heard of Paypal deposit option, but as it relates to us in the online cricket betting community it’s not really a useable banking method. Most of the online betting sites do not accept Paypal banking method.
- While not as large as some of the other e-wallet deposit methods, Entropay is gaining popularity in the online betting community.
- Basically, a prepaid Visa card that works online, providing security and the ability to deposit on gambling sites.
- Depositing without a bank account can be done by using a Paysafe Card, which is essentially a prepaid card. We suggest Paysafe card if you are a cricket player that does not have a bank account.
Credit and Debit Card
- While the most popular method in the world for gambling sites, credit and debit cards can be an unreliable option to bet online. It can be frustrating when your first few transactions go through and then your bank starts to block withdrawals from betting sites.
- Using Credit cards and Debit cards to bet online and deposit into your betting account is easy and fast when they actually work. However, if you encounter any issues with Credit Cards, or you prefer an extra layer of private, we recommend using e-wallets as a preferred way to fund your favorite cricket betting site.
- Using bitcoin to bet online is becoming a very popular deposit method in the cricket betting community. We recommend several betting sites that accept bitcoin to deposit into your betting account.
- Cryptocurrencies in general are highly volatile themselves, so that can be an added item to consider when using bitcoin to bet online.
- Bank Transfers are widely accepted deposit and withdrawal options and that’s why it’s a good back up method for us cricket punters. Bank wires / bank transfers are not an ideal banking option because of the fees and delayed timing.
Banking Options for India Players
For a long time Bet365 cricket was the only sports betting site accepting Indian Rupees. Fortunately, there are more trusted online betting sites that accept INR.
All of our recommended cricket betting sites accept Indian Rupees for both deposits and withdrawals.
Banking methods for Indian Players:
- Credit and Debit cards
- Paysafe Card
- Bank Wire
Betting Sites for Indian Players
New Customers Only. 18+. T&Cs Apply
New Customers Only. 18+. T&Cs Apply
New Customers Only. 18+. T&Cs Apply
Note: When depositing Indian Rupees, we recommend using e-wallets as they are more secure, just as fast, and more dependable than credit cards or debit cards.
Issues with Banking Options and betting online
Some banking methods have more issues than others when betting online. The most common payment type with issues is credit and debit cards.
Credit card and Debit card issues with betting online, begins with the simple nature of online betting sites, some local laws and regulations do not allow gambling online. For this reason, many banking institutions will sometimes block transactions to and from sports betting sites.
Other reasons for credit or debit card issues when betting online could be deposit limits, many sites have both a minimum and maximum amount players can deposit at one time when using credit/debt cards.
Another less common issue with betting site deposit options are the slow deposit processing times. Not many things are more frustrating than going through the process of depositing funds into your player account and then realizing there is a lag in processing which leaves you unable to see or use the deposit to bet online.
To avoid slow deposit processing time, we recommend depositing with e-wallets such as Neteller or Skrill.
What Others are saying
“Back 10 years ago it was very hard to deposit to betting sites and I’d have to fight with the sites customer support team to get probably half my withdrawals approved; now it’s much less of a hassle when you go with a quality betting site.”
– Reddit User Comment 2019
“I use e-wallets to deposit and bet online, but will probably move to bitcoin to give that a shot.” – Reddit User Comment 2019
We bet online for the fun of the matches and to win some money, the last thing we want to deal with is unreliable, slow, or frustrating banking options.
We gathered all the banking payment methods you need to know about when betting online into one simple place. We researched and experience the payment methods to give you our honest feedback on each one of them.
We think cricket players should be more focused on placing bets online and the excitement of the match, rather than worrying about researching all the different banking methods.
Neteller is our recommended banking option as they have a great industry reputation with over 32 million customers, low fees, simple user interface, and military grade security.
Banking Options FAQ
What are e-wallets?
A popular banking option for betting online is “ewallets”, also known as digital wallets deposit option. There is a new name for e-wallets in Asia, “wallet mobiles”.
E-wallets is a type of pre-paid electronic account that allows cricket players to store their funds for a future transaction at many online sports betting sites.
All of our recommended online cricket sites accept ewallet deposits. Neteller deposit option is our recommendation when depositing to bet cricket online.
Do all online betting sites accept all banking options?
Betting site deposit methods vary for each individual cricket site; we have reviewed all cricket sites and make it easy for you to see which sites accept certain payment methods.
What is best banking method for online cricket betting?
Through our research and personal experience in betting cricket online, we recommend the e-wallets deposit option, and specifically the Neteller payment method as the best banking method for betting cricket online.
What is the fastest way to deposit money to online betting site?
Typically the fastest way to deposit money to an online betting site and use those funds instantly is either the e-wallet deposit option or bitcoin deposit option. Bitcoin payment method is actually becoming very popular given how easy it is, check out our cricket betting sites review page to see which sites offer bitcoin deposit.
What is the safest online betting site payment methods?
All of our recommended best cricket betting sites are safe to deposit to, we’d recommend sticking with the e-wallet banking method.
What are the betting site deposit and withdrawal fees?
Most betting sites do not charge deposit or withdrawal fees, sometimes there are fees if you withdrawal under a certain amount, on our review page we highlight if any of the sites charge a fee for withdrawal or deposits.